Export Drawings to DWG
DWG (short for Drawing) is a file format used for storing two and three dimensional design data and metadata. It is the native format for several CAD packages including AutoCAD, IntelliCAD (and its variants) and Caddie. In addition, DWG is supported non-natively by many other CAD applications. The .bak (drawing backup), .dws (drawing standards), .dwt (drawing template) and .sv$ (temporary automatic save) files are also DWG files.
To convert a drawing to DWG, follow the steps,
1. Open a drawing from File->Open or click the Open button on the toolbar.
2. Save the drawing by clicking the Save button on the toolbar or click from the menu File->Save As.
3. Select DWG from save as type list.
4. Select a version as the specification for your DWG file to be created. Available options are AutoCAD R9, R10, R11, R12, R13, R14, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
5. Click Save button to confirm and save your drawing.